One of the most important parts of your oral health care are regular dental cleanings and exams. We encourage you to visit our dentists every six months to receive this routine preventive treatment. Call AZ Dental today at 408-437-1111 to schedule your appointment with Drs. Navdeep Aulakh, Parin Patel, Kevin Hashemi, Heidi Lee, Nipa Shetha, and Victoria Furman and learn more about dental cleanings and exams in San Jose, California.
When you receive a comprehensive dental exam, our dentist and hygienist will:
- Take dental X-rays, and closely examine them for decay, bone loss, tumors, cysts, and other dental problems. These X-rays may also be used to plan further treatments.
- Perform an oral cancer screening. We will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, gums, and other oral tissues during this portion of your exam.
- Check for periodontal (gum) disease.
- Check for tooth decay.
- Examine any existing restorations to make sure they are functioning correctly.
Your dental cleaning will usually be performed by one of our hygienists. During this portion of your checkup, we will:
- Remove tartar (calculus) from your teeth
- Remove plaque from your teeth
- Polish your teeth to remove stains and any plaque missed during the other portions of your cleaning and smooth the tooth surfaces
To schedule your next cleaning and exam, please contact our office today.