A cancer of the lips, inside of the mouth, back of the throat, tonsils or salivary glands, oral cancer occurs more frequently in men than women. Like many cancers, oral cancer can be fatal if it is not detected and treated early. Early detection of this cancer is very important, as it is much easier to treat at this stage.
Symptoms of Oral Cancer
There are many warning signs of oral cancer. You may not be able to spot the earliest signs, which is why regular visits to our office are imperative. Our dentists are trained to detect signs of oral cancer and performs oral cancer screenings during regular dental cleaning and exam appointments. If you notice any of the following signs between visits, schedule an appointment at AZ Dental as soon as possible for oral cancer screening in San Jose, California:
– A lump or thicker area in the cheek that can be felt with your tongue
– Red or white patches on the tongue, gums or other areas inside of the mouth
– A sore on the lips or gums or inside of your mouth that doesn’t heal and bleeds easily
– Unexplained numbness or loss of feeling in the mouth
– A swelling of the jaw
– A change in voice
– Trouble swallowing or chewing food
– Unexplained pain or soreness in the mouth
– The feeling that something is stuck in your throat
We invite you to contact our office at 408-437-1111 today to learn more and to schedule your next oral cancer screening.